Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Que es Eso de Resolution ni Resolution??!!!



So it seems that people have this undying urge to set New Years Resolutions. That must be a Protestant thing, or perhaps it came from the Catholics. (If I offend... well...) It just seems like the kind of thing that is A) DESTINED FOR FAILURE and B) GREAT FOR DRIVING THE GUILT FACTOR IN JUST A LITTLE DEEPER. I don't remember ever making a big deal about a NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION. I don't think I actually experienced the pressure to succumb to a NYR until I got to college (notice that in college there was a great increase in the amount of contact I had with Anglo folks... hmm). I indulged the thought and resolved to lose a few pounds. I GAINED SO MUCH WEIGHT! The diet FAILED MISERABLY. I am Puerto Rican, man. The food is so rich and heavy and BOUNTIFUL! So the guilt of a diet coupled with the classic Catholic guilt of not finishing your food because of the poor families starving in Ethiopia and sprinkled with working class guilt of "Do you know many hours I had to work and floors I had to clean to get that food on the table?! TE LO VAS A COMER (flash of rage in the eyes of an otherwise passive woman... my mother)
I also have come in contact with the folks that, in an effort to make their resolutions stick or to reset themselves for the coming year decide to embark on a spiritual quest,stay in, reflect on the ups and downs of the year, take an emotional inventory and spend the first moments of the new year in quiet reflective serenity. Honorable. BOOORIIIINGGG!!!!!!

NYR are retarded and are destined to FAIL! I have resolved to go to the POOL more often, before the summer starts, resolved to diet (this is Bally's Total Fitness' BEST TIME OF THE YEAR!) BULLSCHITT!!! If there were ever a resolution that I had that I truly wish to stick to it is to be more loyal to myself, to end self sabotaging behavior. To be a better friend. A better Hero. That is something that one night didn't stir up.

What New Years DID manage to stir up were a few Martinis, loud music, and a most impressive DECLOTAGE!

FORGET about the NYR's. Just get off your asses and start your LIVES, lived abundantly, honestly and generously!

CHEERS EVERYONE Y WEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home