Monday, January 09, 2006

DIRE STRAITS...


I don't understand why it is so utterly inconceivable that I could enjoy Dire Straits. It truly seems to boggle the mind. I can appreciate that I have some quirkier tastes than my other Boricua counterparts, but to be called out because I played "The Sultans of Swing" at a dingy little watering hole the other night is, well, FUCKING IRRITATING to say the least. I am used to the jabs and sneers that I get from my fellow Ricans when they find out that their superhero has decided to forego a nice, juicy Pernil (roast pork shoulder) Sandwich, or to bypass Un plato de Arroz con Gandules con Chuletas Fritas y habichuelas guisadas blancas con orejitas( a plate of Rice with pigeon peas with fried pork chops with Spanish style stewed white beans with pig ears) for a heaping pile of stir fried tofu with vegetables and brown rice. The Inhumanity!!!
However, while among my fellow supeheroes and action seekers late on a Saturday night, knocking back brewski's, I had no idea that I would be sucker punched with blows,contesting my Brownness. Over a FUCKING TUNE! People should know better than to make classist, social jabs at an urban superhero who battles identity issues. It is a tender spot, one that I am sworn to defend by my honor. My existence is balanced on this premise.
The battle commences. Verbal gymnastics ensue. Epithets fly. I demand the right to listen to my "cracker music" in peace. It may have been because of my Liquid Loose Tongue, but I think I bashed the person pretty hard. Perhaps more than he had hoped. It breaks my heart that I don't feel any rest. But there is no rest when you are a hero, on call 7 days...

And no one is spared...

Singing"...He can play the Honky Tonk like anything!!" " We've got to install microwave ovens-custom kitchen deliverieeeesss!! We have to move these refrigerators-gotta move these color tv's"... (dire straits)

Sounds Blue Collar to ME, kids...

WEEEPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home